Separation Processes, Inc, is recruiting for a Senior Engineer – Project Manager position in San Marcos, CA. SPI is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in the design and operations support of membrane systems used for water and advanced wastewater treatment. The firm’s activities include development of feasibility studies, pilot studies, detailed design, construction phase services, start-up, process monitoring and operations optimization services for municipal clients. Typical processes for which consulting services are provided include microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, membrane bioreactors, and other advanced processes. Our current open position is for a Senior Engineer which will participate in many of the firm’s described activities and lead and/or manage projects throughout the lifecycle.
We are seeking a motivated, individual who can help us fulfill our commitment to deliver client success on each and every project we undertake. In this role you will work on a variety of water and advanced wastewater projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and executing the design of municipal wastewater and water facilities and maintaining and enhancing relationships with existing clients. The preferred location for this role is at our office in San Marcos, CA where we offer a hybrid work environment but we can consider virtual candidates who can drive to the San Marcos, CA office occasionally as needs arise.
Task responsibilities may include
- Project management, preparation of design reports, performing design calculations, equipment sizing/ selection, preparation of construction documents, and support of construction management/commissioning needs.
- Write engineering reports, technical memoranda, and specifications
- Field work and site visits from planning through construction may be required.
- Develop and provide process design basis, process flow diagrams, process and mechanical drawings, process descriptions, mass and energy balances, process data sheets, preliminary/final engineering designs, and recommendations for treatment plant/process upgrades.
- Lead and manage construction administration phases of projects including submittal reviews, requests for information, correspondence, change requests, pay application processing, direction/supervision of inspection staff, and change orders for ongoing construction projects.
- Perform construction inspection duties on projects under construction. Assist with commissioning of equipment and processes.
- Coordinate and perform field site visits. Check performance or conformity with plans and specifications through field inspection and testing
- Manage and execute work on projects for design of water/advanced wastewater membrane treatment systems, process monitoring and optimization services, as well as engineering services during construction.
- Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Prepare technical deliverables including performing analysis, calculations, research, selection, and layout, necessary to develop required new installation and rehabilitation design documents.
- Present findings to Clients through effective oral and written communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering
- Professional Registration as a Civil (preferred) or Chemical Engineer in California or the ability to obtain registration is required
- 10+ years of experience related to site design, construction and/or operation of water/advanced wastewater treatment facilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and willingness to travel
- Self-starter, results and quality-oriented, and having good attention to detail, a positive attitude, and enthusiasm to learn and grow
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills and design skills
Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, and long-term care insurance.
If interested, please respond to this posting by submitting your resume with salary requirement to: email@example.com
SPI ENGINEERING NEWS
- SPI in the News August 20, 2020
- Yucaipa Valley Water District Regional Water Filtration Facility September 25, 2019
- West Basin Seawater Desalination Pilot Project September 25, 2019
- Leo Vander Lans WTF Expansion September 25, 2019
- BoR Pathogen Monitoring Prize Competition Winner April 19, 2019